Saturday, July 14, 2012





I went out to work in the Hermitage early this morning but it quickly got hot and I was back inside around 11 after working a few hours.  I decided to deal with some household tasks, instead of trying to force some kind of solution on the painting I was working on.  Or anything else....


The household tasks involved picking chicken already cooked, cooking 6 zucchini, packing chicken and zucchini for the freezer, putting it all away, washing up, making lunch, washing up....


The heat is bad enough but the high humidity makes everything more uncomfortable.  The heat and humidity bring on my arthritis pain, which feels like hot coals in my right knee and right hand.  It could be worse; I'm grateful it isn't.  But low-grade pain is making my mood cranky and aspirin is making my stomach cranky; I don't feel like doing any more work.  I'm consoling myself that I put in those few hours.  Perhaps I'll feel more like going back for another session later in the afternoon.


********


Yesterday was pretty much the same as today.  I spent the afternoon with my computer in my bedroom next to the A/C.  I pulled up individual photos of the paintings I'm working on into Word and wrote a brief description of each plus some other information.  It was all improv, 1st thought in my mind....   I have more to go, but it was a good way to legitimately spend time working on my summer project without actually being out there actually painting.  And if this series starts shaping up it will be good to have the notes.  In recent days, it's all been somewhat overwhelming and I haven't been feeling all that positive.  Attributing much of the sense of restlessness and frustration to the immense heat, humidity & nagging arthritis pain.  


I think it's time to water the garden and then consider taking a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment