Friday, July 6, 2012


Friday, June 29, '12


I'd hoped that this morning I'd have been at work very early -- I was aiming for 7am.  I'm eager to get in as much studio-time as possible between weather conditions and outside obligations.  My time in upcoming days is spiked with Obligations and weather forecasts showing high temperatures & a possibility for a thundershower all of those days, so hard to plan.  This morning, when I got up at 6:30am, it was raining, so onto Plan B.


Which was to prepare a huge of amount of chopped kale and other salad items into a generous Kale Slaw to donate to a Benefit Dinner I'm attending late in the afternoon.  I'm planning to be there at 5 -- so,  much daylight where I'd rather be painting....  And another picnic tomorrow night where I plan to arrive at 6 -- also much daylight time where I'd rather be painting....  And a dinner obligation on Monday, and a lunch obligation on Tuesday -- and all at times when the light may possibly be good and I'd rather be painting.   I want to attend to all of these obligations,  they all bring joy in the anticipation.  I've learned that Conflicts such as these -- and the friction produces positive energy -- creates a field of possibility -- my choice/the will of The Universe.  


So, at 10am, with the sun shining and no rain, my energy is concentrated on being in the moment and deriving great pleasure from the many wonderful things around me, giving thanks that I'm here in the Now, in this place and time -- and I have 3 or 4 hours to do my work before going on to the next.


Birds are singing over the constant sound of the running water in the brook.  The sun is warm and I'm in the shade of my hermitage, looking at leaves swaying on the trees, a shadow falling across a roofline, pink petunias in a hanging planter hanging off an upstairs porch rail and all of this under a grayish-blue sky that, although blue, seems to be covered with gauze.  I hear an occasion car or truck pass by on the street but when they're gone, only the singing of the brook and the birds.


I'm pleased with the way The Work is going up to this point.  It is a very interesting process -- a process of discovery/renewal, me of now reinterpreting, re-stating, reiterating the me of then and an on-going dialogue growing between we two.  

No comments:

Post a Comment